'Tis Christmas Time
This week has been so full of Christmas celebrating and getting into the spirit of the season! We have had so much fun!
On Monday we decorated our Christmas tree with David's parents. It is always so neat to get out all our ornaments and remember where they came from, where we were living when we got them, and who our special friends are that gave them to us. Just in case you can't see it, our angel is holding the best and most precious ornament that I made when I was a little girl. I think it is the highest on the tree, and it is beautiful (not a wonky pink blob like some people have!!!). And luckily for us, David always picks out the best tree! He is so talented! Our tree makes the whole house smell like Christmas and it is really a beauty! What a fun family tradition! And Matilda really loves the lights!
Speaking of tradition....we put up our advent calendar as well this week. When I was little I remember that we had a similar one where you could move a little stuffed mouse from day to day and it was always my favorite thing to do. Especially when we got to the 17th (my birthday!!). It just always gave me a warm feeling to do it each day, knowing that it was one day closer to celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ and having such a fun day all together with my family. Isn't that what it's all about?!!
Well, we were plum tuckered out by the time all that decorating was done! Here are Matilda and I in our favorite spot...the bed! Let's just say that sleeping is one of our new favorite activities! She is really doing well sleeping at night, but I just think there is always time for napping!!
Yesterday we went to our church Christmas party and had so much fun eating, visiting with friends, watching the children in the Nativity play, and singing some carols. We also tried to take another family picture, but it was past the point of tired for someone!! Matilda has some tired eyes...her parents keep torturing her by taking her to all these parties! She has learned to sleep through most of the noise and chaos...what a good girl!



1 comment:
i think she's looking more and more like you! what a sweetie!
Post a Comment