27.9.07

totally trendy thursday!

okay, i did it!! it has been ordered...



...thanks to my great mom and dad for an advance on my birthday present!! YEA!! so, i'll let you know how things turn out!! i think this dress even cost more than my wedding dress (which i did bought on sale and off the rack, of course!). crazy!!

Now for total trendiness...

As I was talking with some friends today, both conversations included the mention of stamps. One being postage, the other a fun stamp for paper. It really got me thinking. Why don't I have any stamps? They really are so trendy! We use them all the time! Why not investigate!

I really love stamps...both kinds! I always LOVE to go to the Post Office and see all the new stamp selections. As a child I remember going with my dad to the P.O. and looking at all the stamps. I would try to jump up on the counter and see all the choices and beg my dad to buy all the "cool" stamps. We also loved rifling through my dad's stamp collection. Seeing all his stamps in his lock box, tucked in his closet, encased in their parchment. It was a little mysterious land that he would let us into. We would beg him to pull out the box. After relenting, he would gently get it down from its dark, forbidden cavern in the closet, and he would make us all sit on the bed in our best behavior. Then he would gently lift the lid and reveal...THE STAMPS!! It was so fun! He would always carefully reveal them from behind the parchment and we would get to hold them, just for a few seconds, and then back they went, until next time. The best part was that my dad would regale us with stories about the stamp...where he got it...what it symbolized...what it reminded him of...what importance it held historically. It was such a fun learning experience. Thank you Dad...for opening up the world of stamps fo me! My favorite was always the astronaut stamps...in case anyone was wondering!!

There are so many choices in stampage and they can be used for so many things. It really does matter what stamp you choose...it conveys a message. What is your message...

...fun...



...educational...



...beautiful and artistic...



...inspirational and crafty...



...hobbies and pastimes...



...I didn't even get into political, hollywood icons, or all the other zillions of categories. Next time you're at the P.O. check out the stamps!



Now, paper stamps.

I really only think of one place when it comes to this....

...SWOOZIES!!



http://swoozies.com/

Those of you who aren't familiar with Swoozie's, you should be! Even though they only have stores in the south, which stinks, you can order some pretty cute things online...including stamps!! Luckily I have a cute sister who takes me there every time I come for a visit and she allows me to stay and gawk at their cuteness for as long as I like. How great!

Every time I am in the store I ALWAYS want to get one. They have sooooo many fun stamps! Maybe some day! Maybe for my business!! So, here's a selection from their website. I love it!















I am slightly in love with their silhouette one! They even keep your silhouette on file in case you have the need to embellish everything with it! How cute! Well, as they say...

...Happy Stamping!!

4 comments:

bekah said...

hey hey hey!!! the pictures of matilda on here are so cute!!

Kaylene said...

I love the inspirational/crafty ones, those look like fun and like my style :) Also I love that you have Trendy Thursdays! And new leaves. This blog is just happy all over now haha :)

Kaylene said...

Oh yeah I forgot I was supposed to answer your question. As for baby prep, I'm sure my most recent musings will answer that question :) What cute things?!

Kaylene said...

Sorry it's me again. I promise I don't usually invade comment spaces like this! Are you going to be my Facebook friend?