totally trendy thursday!
okay, i am totally obsessed with TV lately!! after all, it is Totally Trendy! what with the new fall lineup!! boys have football lineups to get excited over in the fall...and we have our fall tv faves!!
today at playgroup the ladies had a big talk about what's new and what is on that it worthwhile this season. i have always loved the idea of television. i even majored in it (broadcast journalism) for a few semesters in school. i had visions of myself as an anchorwoman at a local tv station and i have even done my share of tv appearances (harrisburg, channel 27!!) so, hence the obsession.
i know it is a huge waste of time, but, i must say that i just get excited about having a date with my telly at the end of the night. i like to think of it as "mom vacation"!! my sewing machine haunts me and tries to call and schedule time, the laundry beckons from below me, and my zillion other projects seem to spring to my brain after i lay miss m in her bed, but...my fairytale land of TV viewing is what i really WANT to do! it really is the devil! i think there is something about getting lost in another world for a while where you can't hear the baby crying, the dishes don't exist, and everyone looks like they are having fun or that their worries are worse than yours, so it makes you feel better.
either way, i sat down last night after putting m in her bed, making myself some dinner (if you can call it that at 8:30 at night!) and cozied up for a night of trying to fill the time until the Top Chef finale...because hey, LOST isn't on until February. but, look what i found!
last night i had a date with him...he was so very cute...and he can cook!!

and started a new love affair with this...
...very cute and quirky!! rerun Friday night at 11!!
and i'm looking forward to my long lost love coming back on 14 November at 10pm!!
like i said, i'm pathetic!! plus, i thought there wasn't anything worth watching on Wednesday??!! AH!! now tonight is another problem!! too many choices...Grey's, Ugly Betty, Madmen, The Office...oh my...what's a girl to do? thank goodness for reruns!!
ps...how could you stand him up??
and i'm just noticing that all my tv guys totally remind me/look like (to me) this cute guy!! how interesting is that??
i guess i just need to turn them off...and go out on a date with my real favorite person...how 'bout that!!



4 comments:
Glad that I'm not the only "pathetic" one out there. I write this as I await The Office, half listening to 30 Rock. I'm getting really good at blocking out those beckoners too! I'll have to check out some of your favs.
WHAT? I thought watching tv with my hubs WAS a DATE! :) I love your post, b/c we too have been loving the tv this week. It's the perfect way to unwind after unpacking all day (too bad we should be unpacking all night too -- where ARE my pants?). It's a good thing for DVR's, we haven't hardly missed a show. But what do you mean LOST DOESN'T START UNTIL FEBRUARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
Do you remember the reality show Rocco was on? He was the ONLY reason I watched that show. I've been wanting to watch Pushing Daisies so thanks for reminding me it reruns tonight!
I honestly don't know what Fiel and I would do if we didn't have The Office to copy one liners from!
they are running LOST so that all the episodes are in a row and not interrupted by rerun time. it is a good idea, for continuity, but it really stinks for us to have to wait!!
ps...i loved watching all my shows...i am hopeless!!
Post a Comment