enamored
miss m and i are loving these child/parent friendly tunes in the car these days. they have even creeped into the house and onto our itunes rotation. and all lovingly discovered at our local (and very cute) library. how fun!
this cd is part of the smithsonian folkways recordings which was started in 1948 in NYC and set out to record and document the entire world of sound. i'm so glad they chose her!! 
{Elizabeth Mitchell, with husband Daniel Littleton and daughter Storey, re-interprets folk and rock songs for children.}
we especially love the first song...little liza jane...it goes a little like this...
"I’ve got a friend in baltimore, little liza jane
streetcars running by her door, little liza jane
oh little liza, little liza jane
oh little liza, little liza jane
I’ve got a friend in san antone, little liza jane
tumbleweeds and cactus grow, little liza jane
I’ve got a friend in providence, little liza jane
bluebird sitting on the fence, little liza jane
I’ve got a friend in chicago, little liza jane
walk and feel the cold winds blow, little liza jane
I’ve got a friend in sioux falls, little liza jane
where sunflowers grow so tall, little liza jane
I’ve got a friend in cape Cod, little liza jane
bullfrogs singing in the pond, little liza jane
I’ve got a friend in tokyo, little liza jane
springtime ume blossoms grow, little liza jane"
it has such a wonderful tune and i love how the lyrics feel as if a parent or grandparent is tellling little liza jane about all their travels, the unique features of each place, and the friends that they have met along the way.
matilda's favorite part is when all the little children sing along. she loves to hear all the kids!! it really has made riding in the car so much more fun lately and i have been able to use loads of the lyrics to help in teaching situations...okay...remember...i'm enamored!!
we also LOVE this cd!! it is a compilation of current artists singing old faves and some new ones. it is really just nice to listen to and is a welcome break from the Toddler Tunes cd we've had in the car before our library discovery!! this cd also provided miss m's current favorite song!! track 7, the hoppity song. a must hear for everyone. it just makes you want to dance...and we do...all the time...



2 comments:
we are huge fans of hers in this house. i love her style, it is so nice and chill! see ya soon!
downloaded.
listened.
loved.
we've got a friend in cape cod!!!
wish she would come to CT to sing. I'd take my kids barefoot and dance in the grass!
Post a Comment