22.10.08

total surprise...

...it's a BOY

our boy!! 



we had our 20 week ultrasound today and were so excited to see our new little baby! within the first 30 seconds, the technician asked us if we wanted to know, we said YES, and there was the stuff!! we always knew a sorich boy would show his stuff, if we ever got one, and he did not disappoint! it was so funny!

david and i were totally shocked! we thought for sure it was another girl...had a name ready...and now, here he is! a whole new ball game! we are both so elated and couldn't be happier!

he has a cute little nose like matilda and long arms and legs...he was even laughing at us...it was so cute! and it was such a miracle to see him today and to watch him move and squirm all around! i am already in love!

everything else looks really great, which is so good. we have to go back in 4 weeks to see him again because they couldn't get clear shots of everything today, oh darn!! i am so excited!!!

so, we are now officially stumped on a name. any suggestions would be helpful...seriously! leave a comment! and we will now have to outfit ourselves for a little mister!! yea! what a fun day of surprises!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Yeah for boys who show their stuff! Wait...ok...yeah for baby boys who show their stuff on ultrasounds! He'll be a most fashionable mister with a stinkin' cute face (like his sister) and (I'm sure) the perfect name. You only have 20 weeks to come up with Boy Sorich's name. Get crackin'!

natalie said...

Woohoo for boys!!! Lara, this is a fear warning... That baby boy of yours will have you wrapped around his little finger in no time! You will be a love fool for him, I promise.
You'll find the most cutest and perfect name for your prince, 'cause you rock like that. ;)

katherine said...

yea, congrats!! how fun to have one of each!! phew huh, at least that is how i feel! i am happy for your growing family. we are stumped on the name thing too . . . boy names are tough. oh well, we'll think of something great! congrats again, hope you are feeling well!

Brenda said...

I am so excited for you. When we found out Carson was a boy, I was totally stunned. After two girls, I didn't know I could make a boy! I tell you, you will fall in love with all the naughty, trouble makers they become! I never thought little boys were very cute, until I had my own. Now I think they are such characters! I am so happy for you. My husband has been smitten with the little guy since the ultrasound!! Sounds like you guys too! Congrats

april said...

congrats! i like all the boy family names your considering, but i will suggest using that wesley again. i love dave's middle name. good luck. although i, obviously, really shouldn't be making any suggestions as one of my boys has the most common name to hit the planet and i regret what i named the other.

jennah said...

WHAT?!! I'm also in total shock. I thought you'd have the right column of the Brady Bunch beginning. However, boys do LOVE their mama's most! and since Matilda is so smitten with daddy...As for names, I wouldn't have a clue. It's so hard to suggest for someone else. All I know are the ones I love ie; Cole, Charlie, Graham (my bro's name), etc. Good luck on that. So glad all else looks great. Boys are sooooo wonderful! Congrats.

annie said...

I'm so excited for you guys. Now you'll have one of each. Each child is such a sweet gift. I remember seeing Abbey in the Ultra sound and you do fall in love with them. It's so fun to see their different personalities come out as they grow.

I'm not to worried about you finding a name that will fit with your family, you both have done fabulous with Matilda's name so I'm sure your little Mister will have a most wonderful name.

One of my friends husbands wanted to name their boy Gadianton but thank heavens they chose Nathan instead.

Kayla said...

yeah for you! I can't believe it, it thought for sure you were going to keep me company with a little girl.....but I'm sure a boy will be perfect for your family! oh, whatever will you name him? i think I've FINALLY settled, or um, decided :) it's been hard, so good luck.

HomeGrownLife said...

So thrilled to hear your news. Boys are sweet and insanely rough at the same time. You have so much to look forward to!

Emily said...

I am soooo excited for you guys!!! You will have to tell me what having a little boy is like. As far as names... I have really never thought of any. I guess I never have had to.

Happy Lizards said...

Congrats! It was great to see you a couple of weeks ago. You are such a cute pregnant gal! I'm not really good at coming up with names, but I know you and David will pick the perfect one!

Dawn said...

CONGRATS! Boys are fun and full of energy....just like you! Names? We have a hard enough time naming our own :) I wanted to name our 2nd boy Vinnie (Vincent). Jeff said it sounded to Maffia with our last name, ya Jeff that was the whole point. He likes the name Jhett. Goodluck and have fun shopping and naming that sweet little boy!

Anonymous said...

Men will always suggest their own names when asked for suggestions so I will avoid that trend by suggesting some names that made our shortlist. Ethan (You hear parents use that one a lot at church though), Luke (We've kept that one for future use) and Daniel...

Anyway, hope you don't get too sick during the pregnancy...

Busy Beaver's said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations! After having 2 girls and now our boy, it's definitely different. I've been peed on SO many times...but I couldn't be happier to add some baby boy blue to the mix of princesses and pink/purple!! Hope you're feeling well!