first day of school
she went. she was so excited. a quick kiss and she was off. didn't even look back. i cried. a. lot. the car was so quiet on the ride home. the house was so quiet when i walked in. my baby is growing up. she is a big girl now, she tells me.
she had a great day. loves her teachers. mrs. driscoll and mrs. scalley. she made new friends. learned. played. and was so exhausted at the end she barely stayed awake for the ride home, which is all of 6 minutes. i love her. i am proud of her. and no matter how big she gets. she will always be my baby. my little girl. and yes, i will cry every year...i know it.



9 comments:
SO glad she loved it!! I cry too. I cry at everything about my babies. Why is that? I wouldn't change a thing though. But it does make you feel great to hear them say "I wanna go back!"
Such a bittersweet moment. Congrats to Miss M. for starting preschool. We all knew she'd love it! :)
So sweet, don't you love when they grow and start to become "independent" but at the same time they will always need you.
I cry to every time Andrew goes to school, it's a mom thing for sure.
Loves,
Annemarie
Welcome to the club, I cry every year, too! She certainly is grown up!
looks like a fun summer and good times. neither lily or fritzy gave me a second glance either. i was certainly looking though.
She looks so grown up! Love her back to school clothes. Ayva can't wait to grow up and go to school like Tidi does.
Oh my lands alive! I don't know if I can stand for this! She's getting too big! There needs to be a Zach Morris time freeze where all time stops and me and Matild will just keep playing....maybe that's more like Neverland!
I miss you guys! love you!
P.S. do you know about the 'Matilda Jane' clothing line? Made me think about you...wonder why??
isn't it crazy how fast this day comes. She is darling as always. I promise, as the year goes on it gets a little easier. The first few days, I would wander around the house wondering what to do with myself while they are gone. It helps when they love it:) Good Luck, and enjoy a little alone time with your little man!!
Post a Comment