baby, it's cold outside!
and this is what we've been up to inside!
lovin' on char
talkin' on the phone...a lot.
trying to get up the courage to take down Christmas. seriously...this season is too short!
before i do...i wanted to document some of my favorite ornaments from our tree...
...added to the mix this year and a new favorite...matilda's baby jesus ornament made at school...
...a reminder of our time in Europe...from the Christmas markets in Germany...
...olive wood ornament of the nativity...from a dear roommate who brought it back for me from the Holy Land...
...matching macaroni installment by mom and matilda...vintage silver and new age gold...
...angelic antique from a dear, departed friend...
...handpainted dots and initials...can't go wrong...oh swoozies!!...
...and making an appearance from the kid's tree...ornaments made in my childhood...in the oven...does anyone remember this? sisters??? they were made from a metal frame and you filled them with little crystals, baked them in the oven, and they melted. i remember my mom having us do this project every year at the kitchen table. so fun! and totally retro!
i love all my ornaments with their randomness. each has a story to tell...and that is why i love them. just unwrapping them each year and putting them up and sharing their stories is a special gift. until next year...



4 comments:
How did the Ipod Touch not make it into this post? Shouldn't Miss M really be playing with that???
:)
I totally remember those homemade ornaments! In fact...I made some earlier this year with McKenna but they were magnets, not ornaments. And I feel the exact same way about our ornaments...I love pulling them out and reliving the memory that goes along with each one!
Happy New Year!
okay, i WANT M's tights...too cute. have you ever gotten/made her some leg warmers? I totally want to do that for my girls.
And why haven't we heard about the cracked ribs in blogland yet?
It looks like everyone had an incredible Christmas. Wow I can't believe how grown up your kiddos are getting.
Sometimes (only sometimes) I say to myself.. If only I could keep them small, then of course they get into something they shouldn't be and I tell my self this to shall pass.. hopefully sooon...
Post a Comment