you've got to be ribbing me...
...a fable of sorts...
once upon a time there was beautiful wife who lived in the country.
she loved it there.
all the seasons were represented each annum.
each revealed with magnificence and beauty. each with their glories and challenges...ticks in the spring...bouteous bushels of produce in the summer...exploding colors in autumn...and mountainous drifts of fluffy snow in winter.
a symphony played out upon the landscape of her country life.
she was wise and wonderful, as all wives are. she was a bit clumsy and a bit sassy. she had very clever powers of disernment {among other things}...and never used these gifts for evil purposes.
taking all this into consideration...you will understand how she slipped on the glassy ice at the foot her driveway one winter day.
this sweet wife was not harmed but she made sure to tell her kind husband about this ice...and offered a hint, that he should sprinkle ice melt upon it so that no one else would receive such a fate. he assured her that all clever people would "walk around" the ice and never be so clumsy. it just wasn't possible.
so they went on with their lives...days passed...and on the eve of a new year, and with this hint forgotten, the kind husband took to an errand for his wife. to procure missing items for a feast to ring in the new year. the snow had just begun gently falling, as it does in the country, and a light blanket was forming all over the land.
with her baby on her hip...the wise and wonderful wife kissed her sweet and kind husband as he dashed out the door to his car.
just as she was about to close the door...she saw it. the sweet and kind and mentally robust husband was lying at the foot of the driveway. it was quite the sight. but this wise and wonderful wife knew just why he was lying there.
because she knew of the dangers of the driveway.
and she knew something that her sweet and kind husband didn't.
she knew to "walk around it" now!
and with all good fables....there is a moral to our story...
always listen to your wife...because she is wise and wonderful...and if you don't...you will end up like this...
...grouchy...
...because you fractured your seventh rib, and bruised a bunch of others, when you fell on the ice...because you didn't listen to your wise and wonderful wife...even though you are mentally robust, sweet, and kind, and really cute! and you have to sleep in the recliner for weeks...take drugs...get x-rays...do breathing exercises...and feel yucky!
next time...take the hint...use the ice melt!! :)
the end!




10 comments:
Best fable I've heard all day! It's so true! You are such a beautiful, wise, and sassy wifey!
Poor guy who should have used the ice melt. I'm sure you'll be well stocked with ice melt in the future. ;)
Get well, kind sir!
Oh Lara this is hysterical!! Poor David. I cracked my ribs (3 of 'em) coughing several years ago and it is painful and takes a while to heal. Hoping for a speedy recovery for him.
On the bright side....at least your patient is a strikingly handsome man!
Fabulous Fable, one for the books I say. I told Courtney and all he said was "I feel for him" silly men, they should realize by now that when we attempt to tell them things it's for their benefit. I'm sorry to hear that David broke and bruised some ribs... I'm sure he will be more likely to listen to your advice now :)
aa
eek! that has got to hurt! get well soon david.
great way to tell the story lara, so clever!
Thank you so much- I was needing agood laugh---not that I am laughing at the pain your poor husband is experiencing---but at how wise and clever you are. I am so sorry that he is injured, my husband does a bit of that and it is anything but fun!! I hope he is feeling better soon!!!
LOVE IT! I am sure David is thrilled with this post, he looks extra lovely in it.
As a wise man once said..."the stupid shall be punished." Love you Uncle David!
Excellent moral to the story! Feel better soon, David!
Poor guy! Hope he heals quickly. Love your little story.
You are so funny!! It is so good seeing your cute family!!! I miss you tons!! Wish you could come and be a my EFY leader again but with being married and all that fun stuff... lol! Miss you your AWESOME!! LOVE YOU TONS! Ang Campbell
Post a Comment