cozy by the fire
Finally...a fire!! I have waited for 2 years to have a fire in our fireplace....yea! Some dreams really do come true!! It was just so warm and cozy in our house tonight as we sat by the fire as a family...it was so great! Matilda and I even read some books together and enjoyed the warmth on such a cold evening. It was so fun!
We had a really fun weekend too. Friday night I got to go to Target and Old Navy....all by myself!! It was weird and fun to just be alone for a while. I think it was also a great chance for some father/daughter bonding. We also went to the Church youth basketball games yesterday. Our boys played so well! It was a nail-biter all the way to the end! They ended up losing by a basket...but they played their hearts out...and that's what it's really all about...right?? Then we went to the really huge-o mall nearby for some shopping and dinner with our great friend's, the Lythgoe's. It was such a fun time! We ended up eating at the California Pizza Kitchen...which we love! I had the BBQ Chicken Pizza, which is my new fave. Love it! And we also went to all my fave stores...Babystyle, Gap, Gymboree, the Apple store, and Pottery Barn...it was a great day!
You might be thinking....it can't all be great...you're right!! We were surprising "punished" with a little girl who woke up at 4am for a feeding and wouldn't go back to bed...then...finally at 6:30...she gave up and slept a few more hours. And we are having the "church" curse this evening....again! For those of you who don't experience it...it involves a baby that is so overly tired and stimulated and used to being held all day, that she will fight sleep until she is exhausted! As long as we have taken her to church this has been happening...I guess she must be so filled up with things she learned at church that she has to stay up to get them all out!! If anyone has any suggestions/comments/helpful ideas...they are always welcome!!
I'm sure tomorrow will be better! Monday's always are...and as the song goes...they are usually "just another manic Monday"!
We sure hope yours goes well and that we can all remember how relaxing and cozy that Sunday fire was during the mania!!



No comments:
Post a Comment