6.4.07

tasty firsts











Well...it's official! Matilda is soooo big! She started eating rice cereal yesterday and actually did pretty well. We will be moving on to sweet potatoes tomorrow and it should get pretty cool after that. Don't worry we will now be blogging the whole food process....for those of you who can't remember how your food consuming journey began!! It is all so exciting!


I am actually loving it and it is so fun to watch her react to it. She cracks me up! Some of the time she had this look like "what is she doing with that stuff?" and other times she was just loving it and grabbing for more. She did a lot better today with it. She actually ate more than I expected, which is really great! She has been watching us for weeks now and wanting to put all our food in her mouth, so I figured it was about time for her to see what it was all about.


We are following this great meal plan that my dear friend Melisse recommended. It is so refreshing to read something that encourages you to make healthy foods for your children and start them out right. I am so amazed at all the wonderful things I am constantly learning....the school of life is so fun!


I always thought it would be fun to make fresh foods for her and grind them in the food mill each day. Let me tell ya...it is a lot of work, but well worth it! These little ones don't eat much in one sitting, so a little goes a long way, which is so great! Anyway...here's to the beginning of a whole world of fun tastes...good luck Matilda!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What? I don't talk to you for 2 days and Matilda is eating baby food! I can't believe it! I'm glad she's eating well. I'm also anxious to hear how it goes making her food yourself. You're awesome.