mothering sunday
we had such a wonderful mothering sunday! I was able to spend all day with my sweet little family...what a blessing! We attended church together, I got to teach a Primary class, then I conducted the music at a baptism for two little 8 year old girl's in our congregation, and then we came home and had an amazing chicken curry dinner complete with naan bread...and who could forget my great present!!
Matilda and David gave me the sweetest gift ever! A Japanese Maple tree. I have been talking about getting one for the past few months...and...SURPRISE...there it was!! I was so excited! David called it my "mothering" tree. He is too much!
We had a Japanese Maple in our front yard growing up. As kids we loved climbing it, playing in it, and pretending in it. It was the first tree I ever learned how to climb...so, some pretty fond memories there. My wish is to see my children playing by that tree in the years to come, and to remember my family as I watch it grow and blossom as I hope all of them will. What an amazing thought! I am so very grateful to be a mother! I just love it!
Miss M and Mum
Check out the little red leaves behind us...they belong to the "mothering" tree!!



No comments:
Post a Comment