happy mother's day!
We wanted to wish you all a very Happy Mother's Day!
As I have been reflecting on Mother's Day this year, I thought I would share some quotes with you that have made me smile, given me comfort, and filled me with hope for the future.
To all women everywhere...have a joyful and happy mothering day!
The sweetest sounds to mortals given
are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.
~William Goldsmith Brown
President Gordon B. Hinckley said: “I remind mothers everywhere of the sanctity of your calling. No other can adequately take your place. No responsibility is greater, no obligation more binding than that you rear in love and peace and integrity those whom you have brought into the world”
Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother. ~Oprah Winfrey
“We want you single sisters to know of our great love for you. You can be powerful instruments in the hands of God to help bring about this great work. You are valued and needed. Other women, even though married, may not be mothers. For those in either of these circumstances, please be assured that the Lord loves you and has not forgotten you. You can do something for another person that no one else ever born can do. You may be able to do something for another woman’s child that she may not be able to do herself. I believe some compensatory blessings will come in this life and in the hereafter to sisters in those circumstances. These blessings and a comforting peace will come to you if you can love God “with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.” ~James E. Faust
All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother. ~Abraham Lincoln
“When I speak of mothers, I speak not only of those women who have borne children, but also of those who have fostered children born to others, and of the many women who, without children of their own, have mothered the children of others” ~Boyd K. Packer
"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." ~Abraham Lincoln
A loving and happy family does not happen by accident. Each person in the family must do his or her part. The Lord has given responsibilities to both parents and children. The scriptures teach that we must be thoughtful, cheerful, and considerate of others. When we speak, pray, sing, or work together, we can enjoy the blessings of harmony in our families.
"Making the decision to have a child -- it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~Elizabeth Stone
Rely on Him. Rely on Him heavily. Rely on Him forever. And “press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope.” You are doing God’s work. You are doing it wonderfully well. He is blessing you and He will bless you, even—no, especially—when your days and your nights may be the most challenging. Like the woman who anonymously, meekly, perhaps even with hesitation and some embarrassment, fought her way through the crowd just to touch the hem of the Master’s garment, so Christ will say to the women who worry and wonder and sometimes weep over their responsibility as mothers, “Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole.” And it will make your children whole as well. ~ Jeffrey R. Holland



4 comments:
Just found your blog, what a cute family! Happy mom day!
love the new background and that is the absolute best picture of matilda!
This is the cutest picture of Matilda! You are such a lucky mom. Happy Mothers Day.
Holy Canoli! I love your blog! Can i just say Matilda is...hm...GORGEOUS! What a cute fam you are!;) So glad i found your blog!
love,
Megan Schilling
Post a Comment