26.7.07

who has a monkey on their leg?


i do, i do!!....

...luckily she's a cute monkey!!

As I sit here blogging for sanity, eating 3 chocolate chip cookies for breakfast/lunch, and listening to my little monkey cry it out over the baby monitor....I wonder, who else is having this day?

The Hubster is off on his summer vacation...yes, that's right...I'm a single parent this week!! {don't even get me started on this whole seperate vacation thing...why do we do it every summer?? } And boy do I know why the Lord made Mom's and Dad's...you just aren't suppossed to do it alone...you might go crazy!!

This vacation mistress I refer to is the Allagash River in Maine where he is bonding with the boys on a canoe trip to top all canoe trips!! I really, truly can't wait to hear all the stories!! They always seem to have a great time!



But, this does leave me in a precarious situation...single parenthood at the end of a huge European Adventure. Not so fun.

I think we all just got sucked into the vortex today! Starting the day at 5am; teething; the stage of life where monkey cries if left alone, and mommy cries because she can't get much done; and the never ending quest to crawl, pull yourself up, and be BIG!!

Don't get me wrong. Miss M and I are having tons of fun. Really!! We picked blueberries this week, YUM!! Went to play group, and cruised around town running errands yesterday. We even made a stop off at the Dairy Bar last night...M and I both love the Cherry Chocolate Chunck ice cream...even though she only gets the cherry part!!



So, you see, it's not all so crazy. In moments like these I like to recall a comment a friend made to me after I regaled him with a similar story about motherhood..."You chose this, Lara". At first I thought a big...WHATEVER!! But after a little reflection, it occurred to me that I did "choose" it. I have longed to be here. I have yearned for this opportunity. I have prayed and hoped to have this monkey. And I do think that every minute of the day. I miss that monkey face when she is sleeping, and I miss her little laugh. I am so grateful to be her mother.

Well, as for me and my monkey, I guess we will be off to have some fun today. Luckily the sun is shining, she is still crying in her crib, and we have a full tank of gas...and some blueberries!! I can't wait to see where the day will take us!! Good luck to everyone else who has a crazy monkey, or two, or three!! Just remember we "chose" them!!



*****postscript*****

later that day.....

see, now this is someone who takes a good nap and whose tooth finally pushed through!! YEA!!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

she is just to-die-for!