totally trendy thursday!
see...good attitudes are rewarded!! {see previous post!!} Whilst I was getting said monkey back to sleep...the UPS guy brought me a present!! Thus, the topic for this week....
...HANDMADE is totally trendy!!
You may be saying...hey, who has the time? But, this new book seems to be "sew" simple!!
I just love the authors blog...Angry Chicken {see side panel for link}...and have tried a few of her projects, not in this book, and have LOVED every one!! So, I knew that this was a great purchase!! I can't wait to read it cover to cover!! And, for those of you who say, HAH...I can't sew....this book is for you! It is great for beginners and teaches you all the things you need to start off right! So, give it a try!!
Just from a quick glance, here a few projects that have made my list!
Check out how cute these are!!
I think this will look so cute on Miss M!!
And I have already bought fabric for this project...can you tell I was "sew" excited to get this book!!
Plus...we will totally be making something homemade and blueberry today...hmmmm....maybe something for daddy when he comes home!!
M really loved the feeling of the blueberries in her hand...she was giggling and laughing and just kept picking up handfuls and dropping them...she is too much!!
I have a true passion for making things. It was hard won, but now, I just dream of what new thing will be next! That is why...
...The other day, in my travels, I saw the cutest soft doll and I thought...hey, I should make one for Miss M! How fun! Then, while visiting a historic landmark, I saw another soft doll in the gift shop and let M play with it for a minute. She loved it! Thus cementing the project!!
Whilst this moment was occurring an older woman came up to us and entertained me with tales of how our generation never makes anything homemade/handmade and how it is a lost art on us. I proceeded to smile and say how much fun I have making things for Miss M and others, and walked away in triumph, knowing that I have some secret projects tucked away, just for me!!



1 comment:
dude! I totally do projects! That woman has no idea! And, if we were closer, I'm just sure we'd be project-ing together!. love the ideas. maybe when i'm finally settled into a home I can project again. oh wait -- i'll have a new home to decorate! projects galore!
Post a Comment