29.7.07

these are a few of my favorite things....

...London style!!

1. Wagamama, of course!! If you are a frequent reader you will be truly familiar with my Waga obsession. So we took a little trip to our local Wagamama that was located down the street from our old flat. So fun!! It was really neat to take my parents there and to feel like we were home again. And don't worry, we didn't eat there just once. We went many times while we were there. Luckily our friends are super indulgent of our need for the Wagamama. They truly do love us!



2. Another old obsession rears its ugly head!! EXTREMELY chocolately mini bites...ah!!! Marks and Spencer does it again! These things are evil!!! Never has a description on a carton been so accurate! We are all totally and hopelessly addicted to these little suckers!! Anyway, needless to say, we consumed our fair share! Plus, I totally got my Dad on the bandwagon...I don't just indulge...I take others with me!!



3. Sweet babies in the park. David and I love that London is such an easy city. There are so many little parks and quaint places to go and chill out whenever you need a break from the hustle and bustle. We loved taking Matilda to one of our favorites and just being part of the city for an afternoon. It was amazing!



4. Beware...eye candy!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this store!! Cath Kidston is so fun! I just love her prints and the fun things they have for your home. I spent way to much time and money there...oh well!! It was amazing!





5. Crazy weather. I also love that you can never tell what may happen with the weather in London. It is really fun, scary, and sometimes annoying...but always an adventure!! One day during our trip it just randomly started hailing like crazy and the streets looked like it had just snowed...amazing! ps...love the red mini Ali!!



6. The tube. I love that you can get around so easily there. In ten minutes you're across town or out of "the city"...it always amazes me. I love coming up out of the station and looking around at what that part of town has in store for me. It is so fun!



7. Perspective. I miss my little washer/dryer combo. It was a pain, but you have to love that you must hang most of your items around your house once or twice a week to dry. It cracks me up! And I really love the smell of the laundry detergents there...gotta love Fairy!! Being there again also reminded me of simplicity. Sometimes I think we just don't have that much room in our house, but then you remember how little you truly need on a daily basis and how you can utilize your space better. City livin'....I love it!



8. Amazing history and sites around every corner. Almost too much to see and do in a lifetime. Even better....a lot of it is free to go and visit...thanks Queen Elizabeth!!



9. Random happenings. Like falling down in random sidewalk holes, bizarre people talking to you, getting your bum grabbed on the high street, or stepping in a very well placed ice cream cone....too funny! I loved that David didn't even realize that he stepped in it until after it happened...too much! Thanks random ice cream dropper of Westminster Abbey!!





Needless to say, this post could go on forever...we have a special place in our hearts for London...we miss you already!

1 comment:

Ken, Chelsea and Isaac said...

Just wanted to say "your sweet baby in the park" she is just too cute! Look at her smile!