8 is great!
david and i celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary this month. 
How is it possible? Look how young we are in that picture!! Plus, I look kind of mushroom-esque, but I loved my poofy dress!! It seems like just yesterday we got married and were off frolicking in the British Virgin Islands for our honeymoon. I remember it so vividly! We had such an amazing time. It seemed like there was no one else around, only us, in our little bubble of love!
Now, back to reality...
...8 years later finds us more in love (thankfully), and sitting around on the couch downing Tylenol Cold, blowing our nose, and trying not to cover everything in a layer of cough germs and snot (my quality brother gave us all "the cold"). But through all the hard times and the boogies...there has always been our amazing friendship that has seen us through!
We had a rough start, but like anything worth having, it takes some work. Together we have plowed through arguments, trials, and heartbreak. But all of those pale in comparison to the joys, triumphs, laughter, and love that we experience each day. It has been so much fun! We often say how much we have learned and how grateful we are that we can be together forever. For some reason we have an intense passion to be together and to make our lives happy each day...I love that!
As a couple we have lived in 6 homes, traveled to at least 17 countries, survived 1 overnight train ride, eaten countless bowls of ramen and curry, talked on the phone almost every day, worked together, played together, laughed together, cried together, and our crowning achievement....had our baby!
I think she is the best thing we've done yet!
I am so happy that we found each other! That God put us together. I noticed the other day when David was hugging me, while I was holding Matilda....we fit together....all 3 of us. I love that! We are all where we are suppossed to be right now.
I love you David! I am so thankful for everything you do and everything you are! I wouldn't trade any of it...
Happy Anniversary........Oh how happy you have made me!!



4 comments:
Congratulations Lara and Dave!!!! Lara, you look soooo beautiful in your wedding dress! :)
I remember that day so well! We're just one day your junior and guess who forgot our anniversary this year...ADAM! Oh, and myself too. Yep, we both completely forgot it. It wasn't until the next evening that I remembered. So funny. The fact that we both forgot got us both off the hook.
Congrats to you!
L O V E your dress. You two look so happy!
i love you in your wedding dress. you guys are too cute. when will i ever see you again?
Post a Comment