the nc
what a visit!!
this picture pretty much sums up the whole time! it was crazy fun!
I love seeing Michelle and Quinton and hanging out with them. They really are a great match! I am so glad that we are friends! It was funny to really see Michelle and Quinton as an aunt and uncle...a very fun dynamic for them!
Michelle had all kinds of treats for me as the week progressed...how cool! She made Matilda a cool painting of her name, gave us a never out of style Snoopy Snow Cone Machine (we loved that thing as kids....you can get them at Target now!! YEA!!), and a very nice sign for decorating our family room...so great!! I even got to go to Swoozies...one of my top stores ever...I could spend hours in there!
Quinton also had many surprises in store! He always makes me laugh! He cooked a really nice meal for us and even educated me about Team Mitt, should I join?....we shall see....he is such a great dad and husband...good choice Mich!
Well...the kiddos...what to say...they have my heart! Those kids were my first babies, so they have a very special place deep down in there! It was so weird to see Avery go to school each morning...I missed her! But it was fun to hang with Riley and Payson more. Riley even gave up her bed for me....she is so cool! The girls taught me about Webkinz and how to play online with them. I must say, they are quite addicting and fun! I mostly loved that when I walked in the door from the airport, the girls just wanted to be with me. I love them for that! And these girls will listen to me tell them stories forever...how do they love that?...it really is so fun to be their Aunt!!
While we were there Riley exclaimed..."Aunt Lara, I've been waiting for you...and you're going to sleep in my bed, is that okay?!!" She is too cute! And, leave it to my Avery...after school we were eating a snack of chocolate chip cookies, and she just looked at me and said in the sincerest voice..."Aunt Lara, you look like Cinderella". What a statement! You can't help but love a person who thinks you are fashion AND you look like Cinderella!! Then there is the boy. He is too much! He is the thickest bodied person I've ever seen! He is incredible. But also the sweetest boy...what a dream! He just loves and plays so passionately! Look out world! Plus he just loves to laugh...and make you laugh...he is such a sweetheart! I love that all my babies love to sit in my lap. For the first 24-36 hours of any visit, you can always find 1-3 of them in my lap at any point. I am so in love with them all!!
And last, but surely not least, Miss Kali. I couldn't get enough of holding her!! She is the sweetest! I didn't ever want to put her down! I forgot how little they are in the beginning. I can't believe how much they change in so short a time. Michelle was really great to let me hog her the whole time...what can I say...she is a sweetie...see for yourself...
just after the bath...
the traditional aunt lara blankie...made with vintage smith sheets...and a 4th child ruffle!
she already loves her dad!!
two piggie tail girls...they are too cute!
every time we are together, Riley and I have to make some kind of treat...this time we (Riley) decided on cupcakes...and she picked everything out to make them by herself...with a little help from Mom!! They were good!! That girl loves to cook!!
we didn't even know it but Avery and Matilda have the same outfit! It is so funny! So they wore them on the same day and were twins...how fun! Avery thought it was too cool!
See...he is such a sweet boy!
the make-up girls...Riley loves to help you when you put on your face! she is so curious.
fun times on the lilypad at the playplace...matilda loved watching all the kids!
and we got to enjoy our nc visit with uncle david. it was really fun to be there with him. we talked, laughed, shopped, watched movies, got colds, texted, played with babies, ate too much, and had lots of quality sibling fun! two lades and a bro! what more can you ask for? maybe 3 lades and a bro next time....we missed our Boo!!
thanks for a great trip guys! hopefully we'll see you again soon. but, for now, we have the blog!!




2 comments:
Lara, I love you soooo much! I miss you already, but is nice to have my couch back from the boy! The house is quieter now...not quiet, but quieter! Spending times like this together makes me want to live closer....maybe someday! Love ya tons, and thanks for the pics! Michelle
hmmm....i may need to have a baby just so you can make me a blanket.... LOL!
Post a Comment