13.9.07

totally trendy thursday!

oh...fashion week!! That has totally been on my mind and in my visual brain this week! I wish I could be there right now...Bryant Park, NYC...the white tents...the smell of autumn in the wind...there's nothing like it!! Maybe next year!!

But, until then...here are some of my favorites. They represent the big trends for the fall. I also included some blurbs about their collections from the site glam.com...click on the title above to check out more fall fashion fun!

Betsey Johnson...love her whimsical touch. I love how she isn't afraid to be herself and take chances...I love the color, the patterns and texture, and also the poofiness of this particular dress!



Betsey Johnson
Though Betsey Johnson’s spring 2008 collection was titled Prom Queen 1958 “Flirtation Walk,” it could have just as easily been christened “Girls Just Want to Have Fun.” Full of flirty minidresses and confectionary cocktail numbers trimmed with tulle, bows, and polka dots, the collection appeals to the carefree girl who loves to dance, laugh, and do cartwheels—i.e., someone like the designer herself.

Marc Jacobs is always a great staple! He really nailed the mod touch this year. I especially am in love with all the swing jacket shapes with the big buttons!



Marc by Marc Jacobs
Sixties styles ruled the Marc by Marc runway, and in true Jacobs fashion, the retro looks were served up with a twist. Cropped jackets and shirtdresses featured kooky asymmetrical hems, while seemingly staid trenches and drop-waist frocks came with groovy PVC panels in the back. Stewardess-inspired dresses, belted corduroy pantsuits, and whimsical accessories—from Lego belts to oversize pillbox hats—added a playful element to the season’s Brady Bunch–meets–Willy Wonka look.

I love the hat in this pic! Vera Wang is so cute! Plus I love the coat silhouette! She has a very fall-ish line of colors!



Vera Wang
Vera Wang’s fall 2007 collection was a little more somber than some of her previous lines, but the darker palette—lots of jet-black pieces with splashes of red, green, brown, and silver—only made the show more stunning. Gorgeous tops and dazzling gowns were adorned at the neckline with beautiful oversize jewels, some in the shape of a butterfly. Paired with many outfits, opera-length gloves and tall slouchy boots gave the collection the right amount of edginess.


And...I know, like we can afford the big designers....it reminds me of a movie my sisters loved..."Mrs. 'Arris goes to Paris".

The plot revolves around Ada Harris, who is so enchanted by her employer's couture wardrobe that she becomes determined to go to the House of Dior in Paris to purchase an evening gown of her own. She achieves her goal with the assistance of a French marquess, who is instrumental in getting Mrs. Harris an invitation to the design house and becomes a long-term friend. (from Wikipedia)

Mrs. Harris (or 'Arris, because of her thick English accent) always amazed in her passion for that couture dress. The scene where she saves her money in a little tin really stuck with me. If you have a goal...and passion for it...you can make it happen! I love it!

I always thought it would be so fun to be involved in the world of design and fashion! It seems like a magical kingdom to me. I even get excited when I stand by the big button at 7th Ave. and 39th Street in the city and wonder what great new fashion is being dreamt in the buildings before me! Someday...

...until then...here are some practical choices.

Vera Wang has new line at Kohl's...these are few of my faves. They are really selling like hot-cakes! A lot of the items are already sold out...at least on line.





And H&M has a lot of great hip, trendy items for fall...love it! I think I may head over there tomorrow and check it all out!

Fashion Week makes me so happy! I can't wait for Project Runway to start again in a few weeks! That is definitely one of my top shows!! I think I may just love fashion!!

So, I leave you with this for the week...

Some hot things for Fall are layering, layering, layering...funky bright footwear and legwarmers!!...mod 60's/70's...neo-grunge (think grunge layers with a hip, trendy feeling)...and adding your own personal quirky touches!!

No comments: