25.11.07

black is the new black

i don't even know how to start this post because i am too joyful at just the thought of this day.

but, here goes.

it was black, very black...

(which made it all the more fun and exciting!!...what an adventure!!)


...see!!



...it was really all a blur.

(even after all that strategizing over the ads!!)



...three friends met to experience the ultimate experience.

(which started at 4:30am, and ps, that makeup was from the night before...lame!!)...




....it was, BLACK FRIDAY!!!



...and we had so much fun!!

We hit Wal-mart, Target, the DD for some brekkie, Toys R Us, and our new gem...the Mill Stores (who knew??)!



It was such a fun morning! And we totally saved a load of money on all the sales...really!

Plus, there was only one really bad line (Toys R Us, why???) We even made new friends who were willing to share their "secret" Black Friday deals with us! We had "the moves" when it came to navigating those stores!!



And our hubsters thought we were crazy...which I think added to the fun! It was, AMAZING!! I truly had so much fun!



What a haul!! So, I say with confidence...forget the turkey and pies (AH!!)... and bring on the freedom, crazy hats, giggles, and a freakishly fun-ish morning with my friends!! I can't wait till next year girls!!...

9 comments:

Kaylene said...

You guys are too cute! Oh and I am so glad your blogging is back - it's quite enjoyable for reading at all hours of the night :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that you guys discovered the awesome-ness that is black Friday. My sister and I had that tradition going for a while. The best is that you get to laugh hysterically 'cause you're so tired. And it's always fun to make the husbands think your insane. Keep rockin' the black Friday. You guys are too cute!!

Amber Culp Family said...

Your post gave me a hankerin' for more. I am truly addicted to early AM shopping!

april said...

that's quite a stash, and 4:30 am is very impressive! glad you had fun.

Sally said...

Very cute pictures of Matilda and your black Friday bash sounds like a TON of fun! I bet you got some screaming deals! Happy day! :)

natalie said...

Hooray for black friday! Thanks for reminding me that I need to check out the mill store. I haven't been there for awhile.
ps... Love the picture of the 3 shopetteers! Your rockin' the "night before" makeup!

Amanda said...

Let me just say that I loved the shopping...almost as much as I loved my outfit that I wore. But, enough about me. So glad to see that you are blogging again! I think I might do some myself tonight!

Amanda said...

P.S. Any excuse to have a diet coke at 6 am is a good one!

Kayla said...

oh, can i just be you for one day? i'm so jealous. looks like you had fun. my sis and i hit the stores Saturday and got everythign we want, so i guess we should just be glad we didn't get up so early. but i guess that is half the fun!