18.12.07

randomness

okay, i have been tagged like 50 times, so here goes my random freakishness about myself...

1. I have this crazy obsession with having everything that is served at a meal in its own dish, not from the pan it was cooked in. David thinks I’m crazy, and I might be, but I like it that way. Plus, he always says I’m just like my Grandma when I do it, and that makes me proud to be like her. So, here’s to everything having its own dish!

2. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people send you wedding/baby shower invitations and they include where they are registered. TACKY!! It is so not proper. Traditionally you are supposed to call the hostess and ask her if the recipient needs anything or if they are registered anywhere. But, if you or anyone you know have done that, I won’t judge you. It is just a thought that I scream in my mind while I read the invite…then I quickly get over it because there is shopping to be done!!

3. I eat a bowl of ice cream practically every night without fail! Even in the winter.

4. My favorite place to be is in my bed. I love all the layers of blankets and millions of pillows and that safe, relaxing feeling that comes with being comfy. I would probably live there if I could. I have seriously imagined building a command center around my bed…then I could just access everything and I would never have to leave. I sure would miss a lot of fun things though…it is all just a dream really. And if you think that’s bad…when we were in our birthing class we had to imagine our favorite place so that we could practice relaxing…I imagined being in my bed. I know, I’m a wacko!!

5. I could eat a hamburger at any time of day. I love them! I think that is why I worked at Wendy’s during high school…plus, it was so cool!

6. I love James Taylor. For some freaky reason his voice soothes my wacky spirit. David figured this out when we were first married, and he used it against me. Whenever we would fight, we would go to our separate corners and then after a while I would hear a JT song playing from somewhere in our apartment. And, of course, I’m a sucker, so apologies were inevitable.

7. I have a slight problem with staying up late. I am such a night owl, it’s bad! I think that my bio-rhythms are just set for that time. I am the most productive and happiest at that time of day.

Well, that is just a little insight into my freakishness. Welcome to my mind! I hope you enjoyed it…I sure do!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have more in common than I thought! I'm with you on all of these except the everything needing it's own dish thing. I'm all about the buffet style - eating right from the stove! And, yet, you find yourself friends with me anyway. I'm glad you can like me despite my need to NOT put everything in it's own dish.
And the other thing I need to add is: mmm...ice cream...mmm...hamburgers. Good stuff indeed.

Kaylene said...

Phew, good thing I didn't put registry info with my announcements since you were so in charge of the celebrations! :) It seems to just be a Mormon thing to do for some reason...

I eat ice cream every night too. Without fail, unless we don't have any! And I was going to say in answer to your traditions request, Sunday evening ice cream with friends is my favorite. By far.

natalie said...

Lara, your randomness makes me love you even more than I did before!!! I could TOTALLY go for eating a hamburger while lazying it up in my bed right about now!
You rock girl!
Viva la night owl!

jennah said...

I already knew you were a little wackey but I appreciate the affirmation. I'm totally with you on a lot of these points especially the gift registration thing. I thought I was alone on this because everyone seems to do it. And I often dream about being in bed even while I'm asleep in my own bed. Can't think of a better place to be! Sweet Baby James!

Anonymous said...

Hi pumpkin,
I love your comments!! Love and miss ya.

Anonymous said...

My Ice Cream buddy! I have a bowl every night too much to Angel's chagrin. Love ya', Uncle Jim