#8...brimfield
just beyond the border into massachuesetts lies true heaven for the antique minded, the brimfield antiques show does not disappoint!!
i have been wanting to go to this show since we moved here four years ago! um...no time like the present!! luckily my mother-in-law loves antiques too, so we talked the men-folk into tagging along! and i LOVED it! there was just way too much to see!!! you could literally spend days there looking at everything, making deals, and finding treasures!!
there is an energy at the show that makes you feel the need to see everything and not leave empty-handed!! there is no reason to the set-up there. just separate lots full of wonderful treasures. furniture mixed with glassware mixed with toys, linens, books, and millions of other miscellaneous stuff!! david and i just kept walking around thinking...how is there this much stuff in the whole world, let alone, one town...it was insane and wonderful all at the same time! crazy metal sculptures...matilda wanted one!!
loved these distressed stars!
this was just one of the amazing stained-glass church windows for sale...they were huge and gorgeous!
i just loved the fountain of colored pails!
my mind was racing with tons of project possibilities!!
even david found some things that held his interest!
my favorite architectural pieces!
i just loved all the little vignettes in the different stalls!!
what a wonderful day! plus, miss m slept practically the whole time in the stroller and the weather was so great...who could ask for more??!!
and luckily for me, i only have to wait 7 more weeks until i can go again!! hooray for brimfield and treasures untold!!
ps...i only bought 2 things. i decided that i would settle for taking it all in this time around!



3 comments:
That sure looks like so much fun! I have to go there sometime.What did you get?
I am positively DROOLING with antique envy....
thanks for your sweet phone call the other day. it has been a crazy week and when I call you back I want to make sure I have time to give, and a phone with a battery that will last (all our cordless batteries need replacement and I keep forgetting until they run out after 10 minutes). i promised I'll call.
Post a Comment