6.10.08

uncle david comes to town

i am still so behind from the summer...ah!! but, for my own record, i need to document these happenings!

so, my brother finally came to visit us...very cool! we haven't had him at the sorich ranch since before his hungarian mission for our church. before matilda was even alive...that seems like a very longish time ago!!

we loved having him and my parents here for a brief, but fun-filled new england adventure!!

of course, a visit is never complete without a trip to the famed...wagamama!!
can you believe he has never been? crazy to think someone this cool had never been to the best place on earth!!
{side note: so grateful that this mouth-watering mecca is in boston!! pregnancy is sooooo much better with it close by!!}


{isn't he sooo handsome??!!}


{can you tell we're related?}

{i'm sure this convo was about something very cool...like football!!}

matilda deep in thought, and a very nauseous and tired mama...amazing how going to wagamama makes you feel better!!



{seriously...this could sum up our summer!}

{see...they are so cute too!}

{guess what elmo's thinking about...david's feast...and notice the squash and onions!!!  YUM-O}


this is a typical papa/matilda moment. they love to share! plus, i've heard that i was the same way back in the day...my dad and i shared a bowl of ice cream every night! my dad recalls that his saddest day was the one where i asked for my own bowl. i could see how that would be sad...like the end of innocence...and the beginning of a serious ice cream obsession!! i fear...it is genetic!!



before church...i love all the smiles!



celebrating nana's birthday with some strawberry shortcake, a favorite. matilda thought the candle was very cool!!



it is always so fun to have visitors!! anyone else up for a stay and a trip to wagamama?

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Looks like so much fun! Can't believe your little brother is back from a mission! Wow, that makes me feel a bit old! Glad you are doing well, hope the desire to throw up all the time leaves you soon!

jennah said...

Fun stuff, and yes I see the resemblance. However, I must admit I was very surprised to see in that last picture a cig. burning. I seriously thought that for a few seconds. Ha.

natalie said...

Hey, I thought that was a burning cig with a green lighter by it's side too! ha! I wanted to type something like SCANDALOUS for a comment earlier, but chickened out. I'm such a whimp.
Sounds like you had a great visit, and of course what's a great visit without wagamama, right?

Stiles Family-mostly Kristen said...

Good times, Good times! Great pictures!

The Friends said...

you guys are so cute! i love you! my favorite picture is of david looking VERY intelligent under the wagamama sign. you should be sure to tell him that even I have eaten at wagamama... :-)