1.12.09

evidence...



that i am officially getting older.

1. white hairs everywhere...can you SEE??!!
2.  haven't had a hair cut in months...or touch up {yikes!!!}...and i kind of don't care sometimes.
3.  my mom offered to get me a haircut for my birthday...SAD and a little pathetic!!
4.  i will be 33 in 15 days and i don't even know what i want or even if a celebration is necessary.
5.  don't understand taylor swift {i don't think she can even sing}, most reality TV, and the whole twilight phenomenon.
6.  i go to physical therapy twice a week to cure my aching knee...not knowing how i hurt it in the first place!
7.  that i think of physical therapy as my "me" time....kind of like the spa...yes, i actually called it that last week!  seriously!
8.  i cry at anything touching or sentimental...even commercials.
9.  i talk about the weather with my friends...and like it.
10.  i love to do crafts and cook and actually find it very therapeutic...which was not always the case.
11.  that i don't mind seeing dirty dishes in the sink and a mountain of laundry waiting for me if it means that i have time to sit with my babies and read, and sing, and play.  i really love them.

so, i'll take it...another year...a better me!!  and maybe a nice haircut too!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

We have hanged a bit in 10 years haven't we. I could learn a bit from you, I am still struggling with the dirty dishes and laundry, and being OK with that.

I do think you should embarace the twilight phenomenon....Edward is rather dashing, and it might put you in the mood for ravishing!!

As for your hair- at least it is white! I am sporting gray sprouting up all over the place:(

All I can say is Happy Birthday, in case I forget as I am trying to get a baby here ASAP, and your kids are mighty lucky to have you for a Mommy!!!

Take Care Sister- I will be trying to follow your example!!!!

Kaylene said...

1. i pull out one gray hair a week and i'm only 24.
2. me neither!
3. but fun, no? a new haircut always makes everything else feel new too :)
4. i recommend peppermint candles. cheap and they make one very happy. it's the little gifts that are always the best.
5. you're right, she's terrible live, but i like her recordings. i watch reality TV only because trevor does, and i'm glad to know i have an anti-twilight friend in you. seriously... vampires??
11. i mostly fail at this, but i'm working on it.

happy T-15 days birthday!

Sally said...

You always could make me laugh! I love this post-it's so YOU - embracing change and loving it. Even if you turn a year older, I don't think you will ever be "old" Lara. You are too young at heart! Happy Early Birthday!

(BTW, I totally agree on Twlight and I'm with you on the haircut. I'm almost feeling like my GYN appt next week is ME time and that is super sad....)

Carrie said...

I love your list. 33 does seem old, but certainly not monumental. I can relate being there myself. I am so glad to hear that there is another person in the world that doesn't get Twilight. I am so not into that. It seems weird that grown women are acting like teeny-boppers.

Amanda said...

evidence that you are older and wiser my friend.

the weather is always a fascinating topic. I picked up Posey from school today and she declared "it's going to snow 7 inches tomorrow!"