14.2.07

cleaning

Recently I viewed a totally cool cleaning schedule on another blog. I was really impressed by how organized and clean this chic was. I decided to step it up. I know it will take me a while to get it all in shape around here so that it can just be maintained...but, it's worth a try! I have taken it on as kind of a new beginning and being a better mom. Here's her schedule:

Every Day
Make Beds
Wipe Down Bathrooms (sink, counter, toilet)
Sweep/mop kitchen
Dishes/kitchen counters
Declutter/pick up toys
Handle mail/paperwork
Take out trash/recycling

Monday
Kids laundry
Vacuum carpets
Mop main floor
Balance checkbook/pay bills
Misc. filing/paperwork

Tuesday
Deep clean kitchen - wipe down appliances/cupboards, clean stove/oven/microwave
Clean out fridge
Deep clean bathrooms - toilet, shower/tub, mop floor, wipe down mirrors

Wednesday
Dark colored laundry and area rugs
Dust all furniture

Thursday
Vacuum carpets
Mop main floor
Clean bathrooms as needed (always the mirror)

Friday
Change sheets
White laundry, sheets, towels

She says that you only spend 1 hour a day cleaning. I think I will have to try it! But, let us be real! I found this list in the paper today...and it seems more like me!

"When there isn't time to give your home a thorough cleaning, here are some tricks for making the house presentable in a hurry:

*use a laundry basket to gather clutter such as misplaced magazines, toys and shoes, and stash it in a bedroom closet.

*shut the doors of unused rooms.

*store dirty dishes on a cookie tray in the oven.

*use baby wipes to quickly clean spots on hardwood floors and counters.

*pick up crumbs and pet hair on upholstery with a lint roller.

*dust artificial flowers with a hair dryer.

*open a window to air out the place, and light a scented candle or spray air freshener.

*turn on all the lights and open the curtains and blinds. the better your home is lighted, the more open it will seem."


I'm sure there is a happy medium in there somewhere...and I will try to find it. But, when you come over....please don't look in the oven....you might just find my dirty dishes!!

No comments: