happy father's day daddy!

I love you Dad! I'm so glad that you are my father! I love that I have so many sweet memories with you. I love that you are my friend and that you make me laugh. I love that you would rather be with your family more than anything in the world. I love that you challenge me to do my best, plow to the end of the row, and have taught me that if something is worth doing...it's worth doing right! I love that you always forgive and that you stand up for what you know is true and right. You have always been there for me without question. I have learned much at your feet and am the better for it.
I know how to cook, paint, plant potatoes (and garden), lick my ice cream bowl, balance my checkbook, ride my bike, try new things, be a parent, be a teacher, have patience, enjoy poetry and pondering, drive, dance, and laugh...the list never ends...because of you!
You are so handsome and were my first love. And the mark by which I measured all others.

You came from goodly parents and taught us the joys of being together and getting along as a family.
You taught me about eating fries...and kissing worms...
about growing a garden...and always wearing underwear (no matter what!)...
about enjoying good music...making sure to take good care of things...and to really actively listen to others.
You love me unconditionally and I know that you will always be there for me...
...my Happy Dog! 
On this day, we celebrate you and all that you mean to us! Thank you for being so amazing, for loving us, for teaching us, and for making us smile! Oh how happy you have made me!
Happy Father's Day Dad!



No comments:
Post a Comment