10.1.08

the eve

christmas eve was sooo exciting this year!




we got to play with the lythgoe's, the culp's, the bowes', and the qian/wang's. they are some of the best friends around and it was so wonderful to be together! we had a wonderful dinner with some delicious cornish game hens and tasty sides, followed by yummy desserts, a white elephant exchange {with some treats that shall not be named in blogland}, and a sweet nativity put on by all the kids {and kids at heart!}. it was such a fun way to usher in christmas. it was all very joyous!







we followed that up by coming home and singing some Christmas songs and lighting real candles on our tree. it looked so beautiful!! and is, by far, my new favorite tradition. i must say, you can't leave them unattended though!! yikes!






and then new pj's for everyone and off to bed!!

11 comments:

Kaylene said...

Wow, real candles on the tree... very impressive!

natalie said...

I love the real candles on the tree idea! Leave it to you to come up with something totally brilliant missy!

Brenda said...

Lara- It's your old roomie Brenda! I was so excited when I got your Christmas card,and found out you had a blog!! Your little girl is darling! Little girls are so much fun!! Anyway- I checked out your blog and it is so cute and fun to see what you are doing and how cute your family is! I am new to the blogging world- I only started a couple of months ago- but I love reading other peoples! So nice when you have family far away!! Anyway- our blog is lowrylife@blogspot.com and my email is ablowry97@msn.com! Hope to hear from you- Can't believe I haven't emailed before!!! Such a slacker!!! Happy New Year! Brenda

Brenda said...

So Sorry- My blog is lowrylife.blogspot.com! I told you I was new at this!!! Love-Brenda

Anonymous said...

I love Matilda's face in the first picture. She looks happy and tired which is how I envision myself looking by the time Christmas Eve rolls around.

Anonymous said...

ok - i would have set the whole darn tree on fire... good for you guys!! i can't wait to see you again! lots of love, kristi

Amanda said...

So, I know your DSL's been down, and I know you have a lot to do...but, um, can you update your blog? Please? I miss TTT and all the cute pictures of Mattie and your insight on life! Please! For all of us, your faithful blogger friends..... :)

Ken, Chelsea and Isaac said...

I love your tradition! We sore of having one like that on new year eve. :)

Lindsey said...

Yeah, I'm WAY behind on my home teaching with you guys! How's this Sunday? Any new sexual dysfunctions we should discuss?

-David "the 'stache" Servino

Lindsey said...

Lara--sorry...I can't excuse my husband, but I do freely admit to loving him!

katherine said...

ok, i miss you, where are you? i hope all is well and i can't wait til you have a sec in your busy life {heard about the new calling} to update your blog and post pics of your beauty!!! take care!