so, these are the teething days...
...or maybe a better title would be...why my house is a mess, i can't blog, and i want to pull my hair out every other minute.
i have never known it to be this bad. an eating strike...can kids live on yogurt, fruit, and milk...we shall see. constant whining...well, it FEELS that way. a really tired girl, from all those 6am wake-ups. and some puking/rash episodes...which i am now attributing to her first Chickenpox vaccine. ah, the wonders of motherhood. did our mom's go through this? really now!!
not even the two pink M&M's worked the other day. they always work!! that's when i knew things were really bad!
and yesterday, this was the only place where miss m would be happy. in the sling. which, i must say, i can understand, but carrying around a 22 pounder is not fun. but, she has practically lived in that thing since birth, so i take some comfort in her comfort. it just made me laugh! i think that may be all we can do.
every other minute during playing or reading i hear "UP!!". she just wants to be by her people and hang out. she really is a funny one! as they say, this too shall pass...
...more than all the hard stuff...i still love that we are friends...even if she doesn't have all her teeth yet!!



7 comments:
Hey Lara,
Yes, the teething days are the WORST - I don't think any mom would agree more. Ethan started getting teeth at 3 months and I think his whole first year was teething impaired. Katie, on the other hand, has yet to have even ONE poke through, so I'm sure we're REALLY in for it whenever they come because I think they'll come in droves. Really, I don't know which is worse. Anyway, I hope she's feeling better soon. At least you feel like a success when you know her only happy time is the time she wants with you - hang in there!
Teething is the pits. And it seems to go on forever. And ever. Just snuggle her and enjoy. This too shall pass...
Teething is serious business. Hang in there baby! Do you remember the poster of the cat? Awesome.
ps... I would love it if you and your awesome sewing skills could help me with my messenger bag troubles. Could you make room in your busy life for little old me?
poor baby. i can see why she wants that sling; it does look comforting.
p.s. love that yellow outfit she's in in the last pix.
yellow dress is from the old navy sale...i heard it is 2.99 now...go get one!
yikes! i just read your comment today. i hope it's still there by the time i make it. (probably not, but i think i'll still go and look.)
I think we're teething here too! mr cooper is very cranky, very drooly, and has a huge runny nose - unlike any others. i hope this happens quickly and we can get our happy man back!
miss you and love you!
Post a Comment