13.8.08

i love america



there are many reasons i can think of about why i love this country and love being an american. a big one is the olympics. i just LOVE the spirit of the olympics and the thrill of competition! i am particularly loving the swimming, as always. my mom is obsessed with three televised things, conference for our church, so you think you can dance, and the olympics. i have grown up watching them, winter and summer. in our house you were practically un-american if you didn't watch them! and i have always LOVED the swimming! maybe because i'm not so great at it, but i just love that it is mostly an individual contest. as david would say...there are no judges, so it is fair...i know you can just hear him now!!

and i think michael phelps is so amazing! he is truly gifted at what he does, and i can't even imagine how much time and effort (physically and mentally) goes into training for something so difficult with such pressure attached. and can you believe he has won the most gold medals in U.S. history? amazing!



when we were watching him last night...i decided that he is a fish. for real!! they did a few shots from under the water and the way his body moves really looks so aquatic and dolphinesque. it is so neat! i guess some people really are made to do certain things!



and i also love that the people who compete set a goal for themselves and they push to achieve and overcome many obstacles to do what they have a passion for. i think that is the spirit i truly love about the olympics. anything is possible! i hope that i can take that with me and have the determination and faith to reach my goals.

plus, who wouldn't feel such american pride when looking at this picture??!! cheering for your team and country! i loved watching them totally smoke the competition last night in the 4x200m relay. i think i might be a total swim groupie!

6 comments:

Brenda said...

I stayed up so late watching the womens gymnastics last night! I love them too! I also love watching that fish swim! It is amazing to me! So glad to see you are still blogging!!!

april said...

how funny; i just wrote briefly about how i am totally sucked into the olympics myself. and you're right michael phelps is making it very fun and interesting. my fave was when the americans surpassed the french on that last lap of the first relay race.

EmpireStateGreenway said...

The Olympics are just another reason for you to display half naked men on your blog. I think Phelps swim suit is about to fall off!

sorichfamily said...

yes, the nakedness is very nice! not the first thing that came to mind, but still. i think i may sense a little jealousy on your part mister!!

Emily said...

I love that you love the olympics. I have really enjoyed watching it this year; I just can't get enough. I was telling Doug last night that I have been so tired lately because I have been up so late watching the olympics. Phelps rocks, I agree he really is a fish. Happy Anniversary by the way!!!

Amanda said...

love.michael phelps.