memory day
i think it is so important to instill a sense of patriotism and love for our country in ourselves and in our children. i hope that by keeping our traditions of attending memorial events, talking about our country, and remembering those we loved and those who have served us, that have passed on, we will do this.
as one great american who comes from our small town said during the Revolutionary War:
"I am so satisfied with the cause in which I have engaged that my only regret is that I have not more lives than one to offer in its service."
{Nathan Hale}
we will be remembering at Patriot's Park at 10am...won't you join us?



2 comments:
i love how you celebrated.
Perfect! I love the tradition. I wish you would post this a week before Memorial Day next year so I can remember the things that I need to be teaching my children.
Post a Comment